We are a group of classical liberal Egyptian thinkers and specialists in various fields of study. The website is an individual, not-for-profit effort that does not belong to any political party and receives no funding from any governmental or non-governmental organization.
The purpose of Libraliyya is to promote classical liberalism to Arabic speakers in general, and Egyptians in particular.
Classical liberal principles include:
- an individual is born free, owning her/his mind, conscience, and body;
- right of the individual to think, believe and choose freely;
- right of the individual to express her/himself;
- right of the individual to her/his property and the product of her/his labor;
- right of individuals to free association and assembly;
- right to freely exchange in the economy (free trade and free markets)
- nonaggression on others’ freedoms and property;
- right of the individual to defend her/himself and one’s property;
- the State’s core role is to protect and preserve all of the freedoms listed above;
- a civil government with limited and separated powers;
- rule of law;
- equality before the law;